Client GUI Utilities
MiniM Server Connect
MiniM Web Access
External ZDLL Call
MiniM Embedded Edition
MiniM Database Server support many device types. Devices allow to interact
many other systems and with simple read and write commands use many input and
output OS possibilities.
MiniM Database Server currently implement:
MiniM Database Server allow to define custom mnemonics routines to handle
mnemonics. Mnemonic in read or write commands counts as subroutines calls.
- Device allow to interact with computer's COM port and devices over COM
port such as modems or cheque printer.
- Device automatically creates for console run mode. This device process
escape sequences to use color symbols highlightning. Device read from keyboard
and output to character console.
- Device allow read and write file in computer file system, delete and
create one and use file locking and truncation.
- Device allow to communicate different processes with each other using
internal server data buffers.
- Device allow to lost data on write and immediately return empty string on
- Device run external process and allow write to one's stdinput and read
one's stdoutput. For example, run OS commands like dir to get output
without temporary files.
- Device operate with available printers and set some printer options like
page orientation or color mode or print quality. After change settings device
can write to printer text or binary PCL commands.
- Device automatically created while MiniM process runs with -std option and
can read from own stdinput stream and write to own stdoutput stream. This mode
can be used in external intergation tasks to get MiniM commands output.
- Device allow to read from and to write to global or local variables with
automatically subnode changing or creation. This device type can be used for
example as spooler or to get MiniM Web Access parameters with long data.
- Device allow to use tcp/ip sockets to read from and to write to. Sockets
can be concurrent and MiniM Database allow to run child process with current
socket on the same tcp/ip port. TCP device widely used in modern internet
integration tasks, for example to mail notification messages.
- Device automatically creates while MiniM process run for each telnet
connection. Device interact with telnet client using telnet protocol.
Devices are controlled by open, use and close commands options depending on
device types. See for comments MiniM Language Guide (minimlang.pdf).
Additionally MiniM Database Server implements user-defined device types as
ZDEVICE extensions. It is external DLL with special handlers for each possible
operation with device, such as open, use, read, write and other and information
functions such as KEY or $ZEOF evaluation. It is possible to implement any other
device types and use inside MUMPS programs as an ordinal MUMPS device.
For more information see this site topics, use search, or query additional info.